Friday, October 21, 2011

Mind Boggling Garden

Hubby came through again for my birthday (Oct. 18) with a great suprise. This year we got a newly planted backyard to go with our fence and raised garden bed he installed last year!  One of my presents came with a birthday card that read, sit in the shade, watch the grass grow, and bogle your mind? Thence a mind boggling garden no less.

Before sod - dirt yard with mulched pathway.

After sod - test run by Daisy.

Daisy - "Hmmmm... Now where did I hide my tennis ball?"

Herbieeeee - But maybe I don't want to come in yet.

The pooches are loving it as they can run faster, than a speeding bullet, leap higher than ever before, (and believe you me if you have ever seen a doxie leap, you know they can soar) with the added toehole (do dogs have toes?)
  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Before the only yard they got to visit this nice was at my folks but now they have their own to enjoy. They are venturing to rest under the shade tree and several other choice areas they've found with the new addition.

View from the butterfly garden.

Now we have grass, zillions of blades of the same green plant. I have to admit, it's a welcome addition for play and frolicking. hmm ... haven't done much frolicking in quite some time, now that I think of it. Daisy and Herbie could teach me a thing or two about frolicking.

Just got finished enjoying lunch outdoors in the newly planted green space with the surrounding edible landscape. Garden bed planting phases continue.

Tomato, bell pepper and eggplants
are taking off since planting
several weeks ago.

Sunday I planted assorted lettuces throughout
the backyard raised beds. Fresh salad greens!

Zucchini "Gold Rush" - already harvesting
some along with fresh cucumbers.
 
RinTin, Tin and Rusty stand guard over
the Diva cucumber plants.

Romanesco plants added last week.

To be continued - broccoli garden photos and more.

1 comment: